It is not uncommon to suffer from foul breath, but doing so can be unpleasant and embarrassing for you and those within your social circle. We encourage you to take steps to prevent bad breath now before it invades your smile.
Below you can find a list of the many causes of bad breath:
– Decreased saliva
– Eating potent foods such as onions and garlic
– Smoking or chewing tobacco
– Bacteria and plaque in the mouth, dentures, or dental appliances
– Mouth and throat infections such as strep throat and gum disease
– General health problems such as sinus infection, liver disease, or diabetes
To prevent bad breath before it starts, Dr. Spyridon Condos encourages you to practice the following habits:
– Brush your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once daily to remove bacteria from your smile.
– Remove bacteria deposits from your tongue regularly using a toothbrush or tongue scraper.
– Rinse your mouth with antiseptic mouthwash to kill bacteria and temporarily relieve bad breath.
– Visit Condos, Spyridon J DDS every six months to maintain your dental health and enable our team to diagnose and treat oral health problems that can cause bad breath.
– Remove your denture appliance every night and ensure it is thoroughly cleaned before you place it back in your smile.
– Improve saliva flow by eating healthy foods that require you to chew, like apples and carrots. Another method is to suck on sugar-free candy or chew sugarless gum.
– Give up any tobacco products, such as cigarettes or chewing tobacco.
You are welcome to call 212.799.6900 today and schedule a visit to Condos, Spyridon J DDS if you would like to speak with our dentist about bad breath prevention in New York, New York.